Friday, June 15, 2007
13 Reasons to Deport Illegal Immigrants
However, as I have said many times before, the issue is not a fiscal issue; it's a legal issue. The United States is a country of laws and allowing illegal immigrants to stay, to have a path towards citizenship, etc, etc, makes a mockery of our laws. The operative word in this debate is illegal.
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal
immigrants each year. http://tinyurl.com/zob77
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal immigrants.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal immigrants, known as anchor babies.
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal immigrants. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal immigrants. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal immigrants for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html
9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal immigrants. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
10. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal immigrants that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border.
Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht
11. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
12. In 2006 illegal immigrants sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
13. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States ".
Using the lowest estimates, the annual cost of illegal immigrants is $338.3 BILLION dolars/year.
If deporting illegal immigrants costs an average of $46 BILLION dollars/yr, it makes fiscal sense to start deporting them; NOW. We'll start saving taxpayers almost $292 Billon dollars/year from year 1.